I’m Marion Owen. I work, relax, and love life in Kodiak, Alaska. I’ve worked on research ships, created photographs that hang in The Smithsonian, given up cheese and meat, and enjoy watching bumblebees and snowflakes. And somewhere along the line, I co-authored the New York Times bestseller, Chicken Soup for the Gardener’s Soul. I’m learning how to not do too much. To be authentic, embrace joy, and not burn the oatmeal.
Thank you for being here,
- I love the way you write about your garden, gardening, and general goodness, Marion. Nourishing, on so many levels. Thank you for brightening my day. — Leslie
- What a lovely piece, it brought a smile to my face and warmed my heart. – Lorena
- Marion, you absolutely amaze me capturing these beautiful snowflakes. Until you did this last year I had no idea that they looked like this! Thank you so very much for what you do! — Linda
- Marion, thank you for sharing your recipe for Chocolate Chews! I enjoy all your posts about Kodiak, including your beautiful photos. I will look forward to more plant-based recipes you might discover! — Candy
- Thank you for sharing your story and beautiful photos Marion. So inspiring in the activities you mentioned as well as the importance of the “big quiet” — being at peace in nature. –Diana
- Thank you for your posts over the years, and especially this positive entry. I needed to hear your kind and thoughtful words. — Rich